Friday, October 12, 2012

Movie Style!

I am feeling generous this fine Autumn morning. I am thinking about the weekend ahead, yes. But I am also thinking about in 2 weeks when my husband goes away and what that means for the rest of us. For the kids left behind.


Breakfast for dinner.

Those 3 magical words spark excitement in the air....in meal planning....in our very souls. It is a given. I even said to Colleen last night, "Daddy is going away soon. You know what that means?" Her answer, like a child who has eaten the best concoction of flour eggs and butter ever, comes after a reverent pause...


"Pancakes".


                                 


These are known as Movie Pancakes. They look so FX team created in their perfection. Enjoy.

1 1/2 c flour (I have been using an awesome local whole wheat pastry flour- my kids didn't bat an eye)
2- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder (depending on your puff preference)
1 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
1 1/4c milk
1 egg
3 tbs butter- melted

You know what to do after that. Mix and make. Enjoy. Add pumpkin puree. Add chocolate chips or bananas or both. Add blueberries or boil them down for a sauce. Syrup. Bacon. Cinnamon sugar. What have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment