Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Top 5 Foods I Loathe

I didn't get to be curvy by NOT liking food, okay? So let's just get that little admission out of the way.
 
That said, there are foods I genuinely dislike. Although there really aren't that many. In fact, I was going to make a list of my Top 10 Least Favorite Foods and could only think of 5.
 
And because I have no sense of rhythm and pacing, I am starting off with my number 1 Absolute Most Disgusting and Hated Food of All time:
 
# 1 Gorgonzola Cheese.
 
I hate Gorgonzola cheese so much that I feel defensive about hating it. Sometimes I will mention hating it and someone will say "Oooh, but you HAVE to try it on this salad," or "in this dish" or "on that pizza."
To this I say, No Thank You. It tastes like coagulated vomit and I am all set with it in any recipe, but thanks for not listening when I told you I hated it.
 
 
#2 Grapefruits
 
I probably should have put grapefruit last because I really don't HATE it, I just don't LIKE it. And every once in a while, I eat one because I believe they are very good for me. But I choke that shit down like penicillin.

#3 Milk
 
One thing you will never see is me drinking a glass of milk. It's not that I'm opposed to dairy -- I actually like lots of dairy-ish stuff...yogurt, cheese. Whatever. But a glass of milk is one of the single most disgusting things I can dream up in my mind, and in fact even watching other people drink a glass of milk grosses me out big time. Me and my kids will probably all suffer some horrible brittle-bone-disease in the future and maybe that should make me suck it up and pour a big ole frosty glass, but I think I would rather snap into a billion pieces or crumble like a pillar of ash than drink a simple glass of milk. Blech.

 
#4 Pork
 
 
It is unclean and fatty and gross. Enough said.

 
#5 Salmon
 
 
For my final gross food, I have chosen another one of those items that people just don't want to accept that you don't like. They will tell you about a special recipe or offer to make it for you their way. And like grapefruit, salmon is one of those foods I occasionally will hold my nose and eat, only if someone else cooks it, simply because I believe it to be a healthy food and I like to eat healthy.
 
But if I never ate another bite of salmon, it would be too soon. The mere thought of it makes me want to swim upstream and die.

 
So this little activity was kind of lame. It sounded like a good idea at the time -- a good way to fill my blogging privilege, But as it turns out, I really like food. Almost every food I have ever eaten. And I will continue eating my way through the world at least until I can find 5 more foods I don't like, whenever that magical day may come.
 
And that is today's Confession... from this (now very grossed out and un-hungry) Curvy Girl.

3 comments:

  1. hollah for salmon hatred. and the disbelief of the many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love all of those! I only like cooked salmon though, here they tend to often eat it smoked and then it's too strong for me. :) Danica

    ReplyDelete