Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Food Matters

Let thy Food be thy Medicine and thy Medicine be thy Food

- Hippocrates



My husband was out of town last weekend, and you know how it is. I just go buck wild when he's away.


That's right, I drink wine spritzers and stay up late crafting while I watch as many documentaries as possible. I'm out of control.


Unfortunately, one of the documentaries I chose to watch, Food Matters, horrified me on a million levels. It made me feel like an alien padding through the sandy terrain of this strange strange world we live in -- one where pharmacutical companies and government agencies basically put the immediate kibosh on anything that remotely resmebles a cure for cancer (or any other disease for tha matter), because there is no money to be made in a population of people enjoying good health.


You'll have to watch it for yourself. This curvy girl gives it 5 out of 5 stars, and I am only 1/2 a cup of coffee into this day right now and can't even pretend to be eloquent.


But let's just leave it at thins -- the grocery store is your pharmacy. The local farm is your first aid clinic.


Food can heal you and sustain you. Food Matters.


You are able to view this documentary online (they will even let you watch the first half free)for $4.95 through this website and I highly recommend you do...and make your family watch it with you! For those of you who stream Netflix through your Wii or Xbox, it is currently available under "documentaries." Let's start a revolution, people. Get educated and get over modified non-food items-that-appear-to-be-food.

No comments:

Post a Comment