Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Does my brain make my butt look big?

SO here is an A-list I can get behind. These have been researched and documented to boost brain power. How many of them do you fit into your mouth a week? A day? A MEAL?? You could be mad smart while filling your gut with satisfying food to hold you over for a while. No surprise a lot of these foods have fiber and proteins that help keep hunger at bay.


There are a few I want to point out. Like #19. So special to me....how about #3 instead of mayo on your sammich? Any of the nuts on the list can be roasted quickly and added to a pesto sauce (Add lots of spinach to your basil. On the list!) Put the nuts in yogurt (also on list) for crunch and blueberries for sweetness.

I am happy to see sun tea brewing season has come waaaay early this year. I use green tea. You could sweeten it with crushed blueberries. I have seen acai berry juice used in "fancy" (no, I won't pay over $1.25 for a beverage) drinks. I don't know how to work with them. GO! Find out! Report back! Make me some tea with them!


OK, I am going to get reeeeal personals with y'alls.

Take a knee.

Huddle up.

Some winter mornings, I want a hot cereal situation, but I don't want to have oatmeal (On list) mush sensation. Do you ever have that not-so-oatmeal feeling? You know what can take it's place? Brown rice. You can sweeten it, even. It doesn't have to be a savory. AND should you go for oatmeal, you can make it savory- add even a wee bit of parm cheese to it like you might normally add to a brown rice dish. CHEESE!!!! It is on the LIST!!!! (The harder the cheese, the healthier.) All food options must be finalized with a #19 + #43 combo.


OK, I will leave you to go over the list, get your pad of paper out, get ready to hit the store or your cupboards. What have you. Feed your brain. Your body will thank you.


50 Good Brain Foods


1. Acai berries

2. Almonds

3. Avocados

4. Bananas

5. Blackberries

6. Blueberries

7. Brewer's yeast

8. Broccoli

9. Brown rice

10.Brussel sprouts

11. Cantaloupe

12. Cashews

13. Cauliflower

14. Cherries

15. Cheese

16. Chicken

17. Collard greens

18. Cranberries

19. Dark chocolate

20. Eggs

21. Eggplant

22. Fish

23. Flaxseed oil

24. Green tea

25. Lean beef

26. Legumes

27. Milk

28. Oatmeal

29. Oranges

30. Peanut butter

31. Peas

32. Plums

33. Potatoes

34. Pumpkin seeds

35. Raspberries

36. Red cabbage

37. Red grapes

38. Romaine lettuce

39. Salmon

40. Soybeans

41. Spinach

42. Stabalized rice bran

43. Strawberries

44. Tomatoes

45. Tuna

46. Turkey

47. Walnuts

48. Water

49. Wheat germ

50. Yogurt



No comments:

Post a Comment