- 6tablespoons tahini, stirred well
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1(14-ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4cup jarred roasted red peppers, rinsed and dried thoroughly with paper towels
- 1small garlic clove, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2teaspoon table salt
- Pinch cayenne (optional!)
- 3tablespoons juice from 1 to 2 lemons
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (I usually skip this)
1. Whisk together tahini and 2 tablespoons oil in small bowl or measuring cup.
- 2. Process chickpeas, roasted red peppers, garlic, salt, and cayenne in food processor until almost fully ground, about 15 seconds. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula. With machine running, add lemon juice in steady stream through feed tube. Scrape down bowl and continue to process for 1 minute. With machine running, add oil-tahini mixture in steady stream through feed tube; continue to process until hummus is smooth and creamy, about 15 seconds, scraping down bowl as needed.
- 3. Transfer hummus to serving bowl, sprinkle parsley over surface, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand until flavors meld, at least 30 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil (or not) and serve.Here is what I am thinking of doing next time....I think I am going to roast in the oven some red pepper, zuke, and eggplant and add that trio instead of just the roasted red pepper from the jar, to the situation. Could end up a hit.