Monday, February 6, 2012

Carrot Cake Gone Wild








We curvy girls didn'tget curvy by NOT loving treats. While I wouldn't classify myself as a sugar addict by any means (trust me, I have other problems), I do adore a lovely pastry or decadent dessert.


This is problematic when one gives up sugar for any stretch of time, and even more problematic when one eradicates gluten from their diet.


But this mama loves to bake, so I have turned my own kitchen into a testing ground for recipes that can satisfy my sweet tooth without breaking my resolve. The following is one of the best recipes I have come up with -- the kids didn't even know they were gluten-free/lowGylcemic.



CARROT CUPCAKES
1 cup gluten free baking mix
1 cup quick Oats
1 cup Whey-Low low glycemic maple sugar (could probably use Agave Nectar)
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
3/4 cup ground flax
3 cups shredded carrots
1 c. coconut
3/4 c. canola oil
bake at 350-degrees for 25-30 minutes

ICING: 1/2 cup Whey-Low (low GI) powdered sugar mixed with lemon juice



3 comments: