Sunday, January 15, 2012

Greetings, and Welcome

And thanks for playing.

Presumably you are here because you are a curvy girl too. Maybe you like curvy girls (um, most people do). Maybe you tend toward overweight and aspire to be curvy.

Whatever the reason, that is the point we at Curvy Girl are here to make -- Curvy Girls are hot. And by curvy, we absolutely do not mean morbidly obese. We mean healthy, active and never-going-be-a-stick just by your very genetic nature.

So while fate dealt you this interesting hand -- (trust me, I will be lamenting violently and OFTEN about how much I wish I could run and diet my way into a size 6) -- Confessions of a Curvy Girl is a place that you can come where your curves will be discussed, celebrated and perhaps overanalyzed. Meh. I'm female, what do you want from me?

In choosing pictures for the righthand sidebar
-------------------------------------------------->
one of my 3 daughters told me I should get a picture of Oprah. I didn't want to shoot her down without appearing at least mildly thoughtful and considerate of her idea. But Oprah isn't Curvy. Oprah has a serious weight problem. A curvy picture of Oprah would have to be the one from when she came onstage in black size 6 jeans, circa, like 1987, and that body lasted about 6 and a half seconds before she blew up again.

I don't want to tell you how to live your life (although another Curvy Girl friend of mine, Rebecca, does! She will be offering e-sessions of nutritional counseling so stay tuned for that) but I don't want to celebrate bona fide obesity either.

I just want to talk to you. And have you talk back to me. I am glad you are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment