Seriously, what I need from you all right now is for you to make this and eat this and go about your lives.
Peanut Noodle Salad
- 1pound spaghetti
- 1tablespoon salt
- 3tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3/4cup chunky peanut butter
- 6tablespoons soy sauce
- 3tablespoons white vinegar
- 1tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1tablespoon hot sauce optional (I use a dash because I am seriously Irish)
- 1cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, seeded, and sliced thin
- 1red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/3cup chopped fresh cilantro (I use less since I am not very cilantro-y)
- 1. COOK PASTA Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and salt to boiling water and cook until al dente. Reserve ¾ cup cooking water. Drain pasta in colander, rinse with cold water until cool, drain once more, and transfer to large bowl. Add sesame oil and toss to coat.
- 2. DRESS AND TOSS Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, hot sauce, and 6 tablespoons pasta cooking water in medium bowl until smooth. Add dressing, cucumber, bell pepper, and cilantro to pasta and toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as needed to adjust consistency. Take the bowl and go hide somewhere so you can stuff your face alone in an air conditioned room.