Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Anti-Bucket List by Rebecca

Earlier this week, I stumbled across something on the internet that was titled, "The Anti-Bucket List".  I will be fair and say I did not get to read more than the brief excerpt about how it was the opposite of the ever-so popular Bucket List that folks, including myself, have been sharing compiling for years - all the great places I would love to visit, the activities I dare myself to undertake, and the good-will I seek to deliver during my time here on Earth.

What about your "Anti-Bucket List"?  Do you have a list of things you would NEVER do in your lifetime?  I instantly thought the list would be challenging for me, as I am one to NEVER say NEVER.  However, upon some additional thought, I realize there are indeed things to do, places to go, activities to undertake that I would honestly not ever make a priority - EVER. 

Are you ready?  Here we go:

1.  I would never want to visit the Middle East.  Honestly.  I am SURE there are so many beautiful countries that run rampant with history and cultural lessons over there.  However, going anywhere near the Middle East is not in my top ten, nor my top 100 list to go before I die.  Don't get me wrong, I love Middle-Eastern food - falafel, grape leaves, kibbee.......but I can get delish fatouche here!  There are so many other places I would rather go first, so the Middle East is just on the very bottom of my Anti-Bucket List.  In fact, I would be very happy to bring home all of our Americans from over there. 


2.  I will never go "noodling".  No.  Nope.  NO thank youuuuu.  All set with that.  Have you heard of the show, "Hillbilly Handfishin'"?  Yeah.  I grew up with a bunch of folks during my Oklahoma days that did indeed go "noodling".  Um, I am totally A-Okay, good with that if I never stick my hand or my foot down a very deep whole in a very dark, red colored creek bed to try and capture a gigantic catfish.  What's wrong with using a fishing pole, people?  I intend to die with all ten fingers and all ten toes.

3.  I would not tour with Andrew Zimmern, of "Bizarre Foods".  I would love to visit many of the cool places he does go (not including my aforementioned #1 above).  However, the older I get, the more intense my gag-reflex gets.  I have a very open mind; except when it comes to very bizarre body parts out of very bizarre living creatures or perhaps something that has been fermenting for a few too many days.  Testicles?  Keep them for procreation and for men to aimlessly scratch for no good reason.  I do not view animal balls as good eats.

4.  I will not rally with any group of people that limits the rights of another group of people.  Period.

5.  I will most likely never use any religion as my faith to help me get through my trying times.  I am open-minded and will listen to most anyone as they share their beliefs with me.   I will go to any church, synagogue, temple, mosque, or religious grounds to learn more.  However, I do not put my life, my trust nor my hands into any set religion.  I have a hard time explaining it friends who have inquired.  How do I get through the hardest times that I have experienced to date without prayer?  I do  not know.  I use the power of positive thinking, much like that in "The Secret".  I do not read the Bible.  I do not pray to God.  I do believe in a higher authority, but I do not ask said higher authority to help me through my troubles.

6.  I will never go to a Justin Bieber concert.  I have been to Aaron Carter.  'Nuf said.

I keep thinking about what is on my BUCKET LIST so much so, that I struggled greatly with this Anti-Bucket List!  What else am I missing?

Tell me - what is on your Anti-Bucket List? 

No comments:

Post a Comment