Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Friendship: It’s when someone knows all about you, but likes you anyway.




v  I have friends that have never left my side.

v  I have friends who have known me the longest.

v  I have friends I have farted with on the phone for hours of giggles (yes, we were 13 and yes, I know for fact that she still farts).

v I have friends that when a certain song comes on, we break out into our crazy dance and off-key singing.  Or we simply time travel back to that moment in time….with that memory, forever etched into our brain (if you find out what these songs are, I am sure to instantly start singing and dancing.  Don’t say I didn’t warn you!).

v  I have friends that compliment my character in the best manner possible (even when my character may be less than stellar).

v  I have friends who inspire me to be a bigger and better version of myself every day (Smart teacher, devoted mom of a child with cancer, to name a couple).
 
v  I have friends who are content to let me lead the way, yet, they will support me in any way, shape or form.
v  I have friends who share my fears, embrace my dreams, and help me reach my goals.
v  I have Ya-Ya Sisterhood friends.  I have Sisterwife friends.  I have neighborhood friends who are the sisters I wish I could have picked for myself.

 v  I have Facebook friends.
v  I have friends who are now legally my family.

v  I have friends who will share a cup of tea, a thermos of coffee or a bottle of wine with me.

v  I have friends who have seen me naked; and yet, I have friends who will NEVER see me naked.

v  I have friends who know the song in my heart and sing it to me when I’ve forgotten the words.

v  I have breast cancer friends.  Forever bonded and connected over a terrible disease that cannot break the strength of super women.

v  Friends are like a good bra, supportive, hard to find, and always close to your heart!  - Unknown



 
Take a moment and reflect.  Reflect on all the friends you have had in your walks of life.  Truly admire the blessings in the form of each and every friend.  Tell your friends how much you love them.  To each and every one of you, I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment